Old September 25th 08, 11:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default How to make an excellent wifi (802.11 b/g/n) antenna?

hwabnig@ .- --- -. dotat wrote:
Yeah, you are welcome.

98% of all WIFI antenna tutorials on the www are bad,
unuseable or simply blatantly wrong. Their objects
(avoid calling them "antennas") have the functionality
of a bare piece of wire, which works also.

So I made a 100% WIFI antenna to have an object for a tutorial.
But it is not one of the broadcast type you requested,
I made a 10 turn 2,4 GHz helix with bandpass stub.

I just moved over to grab the camera for a quickie,
the antenna dropped down to the floor, the tripod
fell over my coffee and the cat jumped into my apple pie.

My scalar analyzer failed last week and is on repair,
so I cannot make the proofing screenshots: 50 Ohms over
the whole WLAN channels 1 to 13 with an SWR 1,5
(and the stub prevents overload by cellular & TV).

Why is everything that complicated?

w.

Because there IS a God, and She has a twisted sense of humor.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL