Old September 26th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default A Sunspot

On Sep 25, 5:06*pm, "Dave" wrote:
"Jim Lux" wrote in message

Jim Kelley wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I would really like to know about the North Pole's movement.
It too has a cyclic motion and the last I heard was that the North
Pole had reached Siberia
and showed no signs yet of returning. Is the Earth going to respond to
the lack of cyclic motion *the same as the Sun?

http://ddig.wordpress.com/2008/06/05...netic-pole-rev....

"The magnetic poles wander around the vicinity of the geographic
poles all the time – the north magnetic pole currently resides
in the Canadian Arctic. However, at relatively regular intervals
throughout the 4.5 billion year history of the planet, the magnetic
poles have flipped completely. A few thousand years before a reversal,
the magnetic field gradually gets weaker; something which could cause
problems for inhabitants of the planet."

Now if we could only get it to oscillate at 50/60 Hz........;-)

73, ac6xg

The magnetic north pole being in (or close to) Canada, the Canadians have
a quasi-proprietary interest, and they have one of the better websites:
http://gsc.nrcan.gc.ca/geomag/nmp/northpole_e.php

http://gsc.nrcan.gc.ca/geomag/nmp/long_mvt_nmp_e.phphas a map showing the
movement. Indeed, one prediction shows that in 2050 it will be off the
Siberian coast.

Interesting also how it moves around 85km a day, in a diurnal variation..

OH! OH! PROOF OF THE DIAMAGNETIC STATIC NEUTRINO FLUX!!! *what else could
cause it to fluctuate like that every day! *ART MUST BE RIGHT!! *Either that
or i've already had one too many tonight.

Possibly, but it didn't produce change! You must drink alot if we
can't tell if you have stopped drinking
Stop drinking and you then may understand equilibrium