Old September 27th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Observations

On Sep 26, 3:16*pm, "Dave" wrote:
"JB" wrote in message

*Look into the feed methods used for Yagis.

now you've done it... now you will be on art's hit list. *anything to do
with the infamous 1 dimensional yagi antenna is the root of all evil that
holds us hostage to old ways and prevents us from following in art's divine
footsteps. *after all, his 3d optimized diamagnetic anti-gravity static
netrino tilted shoebox full of wire in front of a 3' reflector would
outperform any yagi design on any band! *Of course he still hasn't figured
out how my 3d antenna made out of ferromagnetic materials could possibly
radiate without his jumping static netrinos all over it.

David
If a radiator is ferromagnetic it will still create eddy currents but
on a smaller scale than with diamagnetic material as well as the
material being lossier because of the hysteresis. The bottom line is
that the eddy current becomes swamped by the initiating current and
the same goes for the magnetic fields.
Keep the above in mind and then review a tank circuit to see the
implications of the above, I am sure you will be surprised if you are
familiar with the
attributes that a tank circuit has beyond the slosh back and forth.
You should look up wilkpedia for aluminum scrap metal sorting to see
the different
projection angles ( levitation) of the different materials being
sorted into the separate containers. Move beyond non magnetic
stainless steel and the elevation angles change very quickly. As far
as neutrinuos goes you would have to look very hard for a material
that would absorb a non bound free electron I believe it is less than
5% of the materials on Earth that would interfere with the placement
of a free electron which would put it somewhere below 1/2% in termns
of volume. Remember the less the ratio of eddy current the less force
available for spin which would cut out all DXing. Put that bottle down
and get that brain of yours back in order. Why not watch the debate
with a cup of hot tea?
Art
of the Earths volume.
Art