Old September 30th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Going tp put this antenna up today

John Smith wrote:
Owen Duffy wrote:

Ask yourself why they choose to not model the antenna. Often, when
people claim that an antenna can't be modelled in reality just don't
like the answers.

Owen

I think they did model it, and compared the results against actual
hands-on observations, readings, contacts, etc.

This is why they make the claim NEC is missing something ... they simply
believe their eyes, ears and meter readings and signal reports ...

Let's not forget the possibility that they didn't know how to model the
thing. I'm no great shakes at modeling, and that antenna is beyond my
prowess at the present.

Of course, I'm mpore likely to assume that discrepancies between
computer world and reality are my fault. Some others might assume that
the data they input was correct, so it must be the programs fault....

And some on the fringe might say the antenna CAN't work - the computer
says it can't!

- 73 de Mike N3LI -