Old September 30th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Going tp put this antenna up today

JIMMIE wrote:

The evaluation of this antenna should start with connecting a choke
type BALUN at the input to isolate feedline radiation. A few feet of
wire draped across some tree limbs can let you talk to the world.
There have been an awful lot of hams who have thought they just
invented the best antena out there while talking off their coax.

Jimmie

Absolutely. The "truth" does have a way of outing itself ...

However, not so very long ago, I did just that ... and being ignorant to
just how much the coax (transmission) line was serving as an antenna--I
lived in ignorant bliss ... I can't say I wasn't happy! LOL

However, being the control freak I can be, I wanted that antenna "doing
its' correct job"--when my ignorance had been dispelled (well, I am
working on that one wink.)

Man! I have to read that paper one more time! ... LOL

Regards,
JS