Old October 1st 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Mobile antenna issue

Richard Clark wrote:
On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:11:49 -0400, Michael Coslo
wrote:

I have even considered an acid flux bath, followed by a long water
rinse, but that's always been verboten for electrical work.

Hi Mike,

It seems you've been out of electronics production for a verrry
loooong time. Acid flux is commonly used for environmental reasons.

35 years to be exact. We just about had it beat into us that you don't
use acids near electronics.

But it does stand to reason that a good water rinse will remove acid
flux very well. Certainly the flux removers for rosin can be
environmentally and health unfriendly.

Try dipping it into a small portion of Coca Cola overnight. The
Phosphoric Acid in it will strip anything....

Probably take about 3 liters for a Bugcatcher coil - around 6 inches
diameter, and about a foot in length.

But Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try tonight. Might use Pepsi
tho' ;^)

- 73 de Mike N3LI -