Old October 1st 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Reference oscillator frequency = IF?

--Doh!

You could always redesign the IF.

"Joel Koltner" wrote in message
I'm thinking it'd be a rather poor idea to make a reference oscillator for

DDS (or PLL) equal in frequency to an IF somewhere in your radio... right?
Since you're just asking for it to get into the IF itself?

In the ideal world, would one choose reference oscillator frequencies that
weren't harmonically related to IFs? I've seen those "IF planning"
spreadsheets (that calculator where mixer spurs are going to fall), and

such a
choice seems like a good start.

Thanks,
---Joel Koltner