Old August 3rd 03, 08:39 PM
Paul Burridge

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 11:40:55 -0400, "Bob Lewis \(AA4PB\)"
wrote:

Stainless steel is awful at conducting electricity - so it won't

make a
very efficient antenna.

I doubt that the difference in resistance between stainless and copper
is going to cause any significant additional losses in a whip antenna.
That difference will be small compared to the other losses. Stainless
is often used for whip antennas because of its mechanical properties.

Yes, I've several proprietory s/steel whip antennas that give
excellent results. But a question springs to mind. If a s/steel
antenna has slightly higher resistance, does that appreciably lower
its Q?

--

"I believe history will be kind to me, since I intend
to write it." - Winston Churchill