Old October 2nd 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : Multi-Channel Over-the-Air HDTV Can Be Great for PBS Viewers

On Oct 2, 9:39*am, wrote:
On Oct 1, 10:16 pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:

All those so-called ancillary feeds on the HD2 and HD3 channels (which are
poor quality at best) will eventually HAVE to garner ratings and pay their
own way. The royalty boards are requiring radio stations to pay much higher
royalties and per-song play fees for all their digital formats (regardless
of whether anyone is even listening!!)

Doesn't digital tv have the same problem - all those sub-channels have
to pay their own way? *Yet here in Central California, we already have
one station, digital channel 44, broadcasting FIVE programs at one
time, 24/7.

The younger generation might not care about radio, but with all the
baby boomers now coming up for retirement, markets will change. *I,
for one, don't give a hoot about ipods or internet radio or satellite
radio. *I like my free over-the-air radio programming just fine.
Although I don't need digital radio, I welcome new technology. *It
gives me more choices. *As far as interference on analog radio, tv did
the same thing to me when they allowed all those low-powered
transmitters that caused me to lose many distant tv signals. *And
digital tv, with it benefits, will also cause me to lose some of the
stations I now get in analog because of their distance from me. *Where
I can watch a marginal signal on analog, the signal must be stronger
to get it on digital. *That's technology.

(OT) : Multi-Channel Over-the-Air HDTV Can Be Great for PBS Viewers

SF BAY AREA's KQED {Analog Channel 9} DTV Channels :

* KQED's Main HDTV Channel Digital 9.1
All high-definition and widescreen programs
http://www.kqed.org/tv/schedules/hd.jsp

* KQED's "Life" - Digital 54.3
Arts, food, how-to, gardening, travel
http://www.kqed.org/tv/schedules/life.jsp

* KQED's "World" - Digital 9.3
History, world events, news, science, nature
http://www.kqed.org/tv/schedules/world.jsp

* KQED's - "V-me" Digital 54.5
24-hour national Spanish-language network
http://www.kqed.org/tv/schedules/vme.jsp

* KQED's "Kids" Digital 54.4
Quality children's programming parents love too
http://www.kqed.org/tv/schedules/kids.jsp

* KQED's - KTEH TV Digital 9.2
from San Jose in Silicon Valley
http://www.kteh.org/tv/