Old August 4th 03, 03:22 PM

- thanks for the info!

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 03:12:57 -0500, Mike M MikeM wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:52:57 GMT, wrotF:

- just a quick question:

how hard would it be to wire up a third-party mic to an htx-252?

the htx-252 pinouts are available... AFAIK, no audio is sent to
the 'standard' mic...

oh, and i don't care about DTMF, although i do have a spare
yaesu DTMF on hand...

if anyone has done this i'd appreciate a tip or two!

tia!

This is kind of a late response to your question, but it is not too
hard to do. I built a little adapter box with a 5 pin DIN jack on one
side and a short 8 conductor cable with an 8 pin mic plug on the
other. I have 6 push button switches wired to replace the radio
control switches. I have a .22 mfd cap in series with the audio lead
to the mic. Keying is a 2.2k resistor switched from the radio side of
the cap to ground.

I have a Turner desk mic connected now, and it works. Just how well
I'm not sure. Around here no one complains unless you are totally
unintelligible. So far I haven't touched the deviation limiter pot.