Old August 4th 03, 09:04 PM
Paul Burridge

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 22:51:50 -0700, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

The short answer is that stainless probably won't make a noticeable
difference in loss, and therefore won't make a significant difference in Q.

[thorough-sounding explanation snipped]

Thanks, Roy. Sounds like i should be okay with ss at 40Mhz for this
purpose, then. I've been up to see my supplier in N. London today and
returned with a good selection of various ss spring wire to try out.
I'm given to understand that the rx antenna length isn't that
important with this r/c stuff, so I guess 30-35 inches should be fine.
I'll mount it in a conical well with curved sides as someone else
suggested to minimise any stressing.
--

"I believe history will be kind to me, since I intend
to write it." - Winston Churchill