Old October 4th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Effective length of braid dipole leg?

"Chevy454" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 14:47:12 -0700, Roy Lewallen
The large-diameter sleeve is impractical in my app because it make the
antenna non-flexible for storage. Also expensive.

My principal use will be QRP. I will stick some ferrite beads on the
feedline and hope for the best.

The most I would use non-QRP would be 25 watts SSB.

Ken KC2JDY

One design that I saw that you may try it to just use a 1/4 wavelength of
wire at the end of the coax. Then about 1/4 of a wavelength down the coax
you use a choke. It could be a coil of coax or it could be the beads at
your power level.

I have not tried it, just saw it in one of the ARRL books.