Old October 4th 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default small antennas

NM5K wrote:

Yes. But they deal with the real world, not a bunch of conjered up
voodoo science.

Funny you should mention that. As, when you peek closely under the hood
of the NEC engine (at least the one I use and have the source code to),
it does have a bit of what you call "voodoo science", IMHO ...

Only people with limited room are likely to be interesting
in accepting a decrease in performance, vs using full size
antennas. The only place you see me using small antennas on HF

Don't forget us guys who are over 50 and getting tired of maintaining
large hunks of metal in the sky and fighting the force of gravity Gods
to do so (in more ways than one! And, not to mention neighbors, rules,
regulations, etc.) With the price of real estate being manipulated near
"Hong Kong Prices" (what is that, about a million dollars a sq. ft.?),
reduced size antennas will only increase in uses and demand ...

Regards,
JS