Old October 4th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radio Ronn Radio Ronn is offline

Default IBOC obsolete out of the box.

Yes a small percentage of markets like Boston have stepped out of

their comfort zone to introduce formats, like the Irish Channel. Will
the Irish Channel, playing 24/7 Irish hits deliver ratings?

Who says it has to be a ratings hit? It doesn't. It's an ancillary
service that offers added value and choices. (Like a stations web page)

All those so-called ancillary feeds on the HD2 and HD3 channels (which are
poor quality at best) will eventually HAVE to garner ratings and pay their
own way.

1.) It's relatively inexpensive to operate.

2.) There are nplenty of stations on the air with no ratings that make
money.

All that stuff and more is available online anyway, and nobody has to buy
an expensive radio to listen to whatever they want.

Sure, I'll just bring my computer on the next camping trip. I'll bring it
up on a ladder while I'm painting my house.

I'll bring the computer into the shower with me.

BTW...Is $79 an "expensive radio"?

Out of all the folks I know personally, in RL, not online, nobody has any
interest whatsoever in digital radio

As someone pointed out before...I dont recall anyone rushing out to by FM's
when that was new either.