Old October 3rd 08, 05:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
jim menning jim menning is offline

Default Info wanted on Shurtone Model 576

"Gizmofiddler" wrote in message
ternet...
Mom's cousin runs auctions in a small country town. Nobody was interested in a
dozen or so radios and since I have been working on restoring one of cousin's
radios, she called on me to get them outta the warehouse. I came home with a dozen
radios, with 2 more consoles yet to be picked up. One of them I can find no
information on at all.
Shurtone on the emblem on front and on the paper label on the chassis it says Model
576. It's 5 tube AM 120v. No tubes in the sockets to give any clues there and no
schematic.

You'll find more info on it under it's more commonly seen brand name, Musicaire,
model 576.

http://images.google.com/images?q=mu...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

http://www.google.com/search?q=music...e7&rlz=1I7GGLR