Old October 4th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Best radio less than $400

In article , Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
none ""dave\"@(none)" wrote:

Rob Osborn wrote:
Okay, I originally asked about the Grundig 750 which sells for around
$300.
Now I would like to know what can be considered the BEST shortwave radio
for
$400 or less. I'm sure I'll get a slew of answers but I would like to
have
your opinions nonetheless.

Thanks,

Rob

Ten-Tec RX-320

This is not a stand alone radio.

The OP obviously has access to computers.

Computers have a tendency to generate interference. On the plus side
they can range from improving what you can hear to being necessary for
decoding digital modes but I gathered that the OP was looking for
international broadcasters. The computer in not a big plus here unless
he has a well isolated antenna.

If he wants to follow your radio advice then he needs to get an outdoor
antenna that is isolated from the computer equipment noise.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California