Old August 5th 03, 08:03 AM
Tony Williams

In article ,
Paul Burridge wrote:

Thanks, Roy. Sounds like i should be okay with ss at 40Mhz for
this purpose, then. I've been up to see my supplier in N. London
today and returned with a good selection of various ss spring
wire to try out. I'm given to understand that the rx antenna
length isn't that important with this r/c stuff, so I guess 30-35
inches should be fine. I'll mount it in a conical well with
curved sides as someone else suggested to minimise any stressing.

Paul, it sounds like you need to get yourself a CPC catalogue,
pdq. It is similar to RS/Farnell, but the product range is more
aligned to your specific needs.

eg, In the Aerial section there are standard flexible and
super-flexible whip aerials, for cars. Wideband AM-FM reception,
complete with adjustable mounting block and output cable+plug.
About 340mm long on avg. Prices range from £2:92, to a horrific
£4:86.

Note also that CPC does a range of build-it-yourself kits. eg,
Part number HK00224 is a wideband antenna amplifier kit. Metal
cased (24x36x86mm), with 22dB of gain over the range 10-150MHz.
Price is a bank-breaking £7:49.

See http://www.cpc.co.uk or 08701 202530 for a printed
catalogue or CDROM. Farnell own CPC, so if you have a
Farnell account you also automatically have a CPC account.

--
Tony Williams.