Old October 5th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default Best radio less than $400

Bart Bailey wrote:
On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 21:04:55 -0700, Telamon
wrote:

In article , Dave
wrote:

~~~
Modern computers don't seem to leak nearly as much as older ones. Most
radios have computers inside them; can outside be that much worse?

The answer is much worse. Separate computer, monitors, keyboards, mice,
routers, UPS, printers, and all that interconnecting cable make a lot
more noise.

Could be you paid too much to get all that extra radiation ?
I recently got a middle of aisle bargain emachines from WalMart
that doesn't generate any interference,
There's a gob of wires to the amplified subwoofer 'n speakers, DSL
modem etc. all just under the same bench as my Ham station which is
about as sensitive to noise as the portable E1, yet I hear the
neighbors' CFL porch light better than anything in here.
Maybe some day when they're not home I'll try to filter it with a
broom handle. g

Don't blame the CFL. It's likely a light activated switch that's buzzing.