Old October 5th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] xray66@earthlink.net is offline

Default Help with slim jim nec model

Well, I've gotten a little farther... If Jeff or anybody that has
CoCoaNEC wants to take a look at this file, that would be great.

http://home.earthlink.net/~davepd/nec/

It's supposed to be a VHF log. I used an example file for an HF log to
compare it with and I think I have all the geometry for it right. But
it still doesn't run right. I know for a fact this antenna works in
the real world. Looking at the example log file, they only had the
smallest front element fed, which doesn't seem right to me, but that's
how I did mine. Maybe somebody has an idea how to feed all the
elements properly. The biggest problem is that the elevation pattern
is extremely spiked and the SWR is off the scale. Not sure what I'm
doing wrong.

On the slim-jim one... I have the basic wire shape, but I can't figure
out how to break the element in the right place on the stub side.

Dave