Old October 7th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default small antennas

Art Unwin wrote:

John could well be correct as certain assumed conditions(assumptions)
were set over and above Maxwell's laws
prior to the program being computed !
These programs are generally used to determine the functions of planar
antennas and the like that do NOT meet
the conditions implied in Maxwell's laws. One condition implicite in
all the laws of the masters is that
Newtons laws with respect to equilibrium must be observed, which rules
out such arrangements as the Yagi.
This is not to say that Maxwell's laws are used incorrectly in antenna
programs,only that it is usually used outside
its intended usage where acountability of all vectors are not
accounted for, which thus provides aproximations
Close enough for horse shoes and lemmings but not for the pursuit of
science along the lines intended by Newton and others.
Best regards
Art Unwin KB9MZ

Art:

With so many fools (indians?) after my scalp, I am lucky to remain on
the square I occupy ... these fools attempt to drag us back to dark ages ...

Regards,
JS