Old October 7th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chevy454 Chevy454 is offline

Default Changing dipole resonance by changing one leg?

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 08:29:14 -0500, Cecil Moore
wrote:
Would probably work with ladder-line, but not with coax.
You would be turning your antenna into an off-center-fed
dipole with a relatively high feedpoint impedance.

Guess I need a tuner, then. A small piece of wire is more convenient,
but c'est la vie.

I'll cut the legs for the center of the range I will be using and keep
SWR low with a tuner.

Ken KC2JDY