Old August 6th 03, 05:12 AM
ray

It seems the data sheet is in error concerning the IF. they spec it at
70khz. But if you reverse engineer the front end and VCO LC network
the VCO is 10.7Mhz lower than the rf input. I figure taking out the
varactor diode and dropping in a 120pf mica I can get it down to
30mhz, then for AFC use a 4pf varactor diode to compensate for temp
drifting. I snapped up a few of these and they're pretty much the
same, too cheap for a ceramic filter other than disc caps. And with
the 10Ghz contest coming up I might just make a few contacts.
73
Ray KC8OJU

(Michael Black) wrote in message ...
ray ) writes:
You are right on the money. I got out my telescope eyepiece and saw
088c6 on the IC then looking at the pinout from the link supplied
confirmed it.Thanks so much.
73
Ray KC8OJU

I couldn't read the number on mine at first, either. The IC body
was grey, and the lettering was only somewhat darker grey. There
was also some wax or something on the IC. My first thought was that
there was no part number on the IC.

But since I knew there was no ceramic filter in there, I also knew
that it had to use some odd scheme. It was only after I found a likely
IC that I could see that the IC number actually matched it.

Michael VE2BVW