Old October 9th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Balanced transmission lines in a progressive wave regime. 'Cos seeing is believing!

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 04:32:56 -0700 (PDT), "www.Radiondistics.com"
wrote:

A step by step experimental verification of the aperiodic behaviour of
a properly adapted balanced transmission line.

Seeing is not believing. Or as Prez Reagan might have said "see, but
verify."

When I copied the photo "a demonstration of radiofluorescence" into
photoshop and reduce it to eight levels of brightness, the same cosine
shaped curve that is typically found in short antennas is visible.

The light is brighter by more power, it is not equally bright along
its length. The excess power is nearely saturating the camera's image
out to the end. Stop down the lens by 4 or 8 stops and publish that
picture - we don't need to see the patio furniture.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC