Old October 9th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Dummy Load Antenna

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:07:03 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

You would need a balun (rf transformer) to match to that antenna ...

Then you would need a suitable name for it. Let me see, we are mating
up a "dummy load" with a "dipole." How about "Dummy-Pole?" grin

Been there, done that. About 30 years ago, I went on a field day
exercise where one of the HF stations was running a lightbulb on a
pole for an antenna. 100 watts RF, about 50ft of RG-8/u, voltage
stepped down with some kind of xfomer or balun, and a 150 watt
incandescent light bulb. I don't recall how well they did, but I
could see that the log was filling with contacts. Who needs an
antenna anyway?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D