Old October 8th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Drifter Drifter is offline

Default Universal has a Frog 7 w/Collins filter

BDK wrote:
In article ,
says...

I passed on the keypad about 5 times over the years. I should have
grabbed up the new one Universal had in the used stuff just after the
525 came out, and people traded their 515's in on them. I can't remember
what they wanted, but I thought it was way too high. The next couple had
minor scratches and I passed on them too. The next two were so insanely
priced, I just couldn't pull the trigger.

It's hard to believe I've had my 515 for almost 25 years, and it's
almost 30 years old.

But, the 515 feels like a real radio. this one has been here, i guess
about 15+ years. never missed a beat. bunch of people complain about
the sound, i run the JRC's with the old radio shack 7 speakers. when
RS dumped them, i got my hands on 6 of them. great speaker for any
radio. BTW, the price is still high. an NVA-515 just went $550. on
e-screw last week. universal has a 515 and the 98 ch mem unit for
$1550. i don't need another JRC.

Drifter...