Old October 10th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

Default rx ant question

In article ,
Michael Coslo wrote:

ml wrote:
In article ,
"Ed Cregger" wrote:

"ml" wrote in message
hi

I have a few ham rigs that have a seperate rx antenna, if i
activate this function it simply choices this for rx when unkeyed.

my Yaesu mark v Field have 2 jacks for rx antenna marked in/out

so i am confused dson't seem to say anything in the manual about how
that actualy works

i suppose the IN would connect to my receive antenna but what would
the out connect to

----------

A transmit/receive relay switch? I don't know either. Just a guess.

Ed, NM2K

seems i didn't explain the set up right

in the menus there is a switch to use the rx jacks

on the ts2000 it's 1 rx jack on or off

i understand this

on my markv Field there is also a rx on/off setting

but 2 jacks(not a switch) one is rx antenna INPUT one rx
antenna OUTPUT

i can guess what the input is for i plug my rx antenna there but
what is the outputfor?

i see a few righs now have that set up just can't think what
that is for

and it's not in the manual

these are rx only jacks, naturally the rigs have regular main
tx/rx pl259 jack

Sometimes when a station uses say a beverage antenna for separate
receive, there will be multiple rigs using the same antenna. Take the
antenna to the input, and the output goes to the next rig.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

thanks Mike

never thought of that, so it's just a pass thru very interesting