Old October 11th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Ferrell John Ferrell is offline

Default Half Size 40M rotatable dipole.

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 01:35:34 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Hello all. I am looking at building a half size rotatable 40M dipole.
It will be approxiamately 10 metres long end to end. It will have a
former. My question is, where would be the best spot to mount the
feed point or should the coils be mounted closer to the feed point? I
realise that this antenna will be inferior to a full size dipole, but
a half size one will fit where I am located.
Any constructive ideas or experience with loading coils would be
appreciated.
Cheers
Max

Here is the install info for the 40M add-on for the Cushcraft A3S
Beam.
http://www.cushcraft.com/support/pdf/A743_451.pdf

I have been happy with its performance and durability. I expect you
can glean some info from the pictures.

John Ferrell W8CCW