Old August 7th 03, 01:24 PM
Gary Cavie

In article ,
says...

The question seems daft, but bear with me, gentlemen. Has anyone ever
had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have survived?

A couple, obviously not fatal, but enough to make me think twice about
going for it again.

The first was as a young child, when I pushed a plug with no back on it
into a socket using the palm of my hand, and the latest when I pulled a
bare earth wire across a consumer unit prior to sleeving and terminating
it, and it stroked the busbar. I took it as a wake-up call, and make sure
that I have my rubber gloves on these days when doing this sort of work -
or isolating the supply when practical.

I still get the occasional tingle (hazards of the job), but nothing
lately like those other two, which _really_ hurt!