Old August 7th 03, 02:08 PM
George R. Gonzalez

IIRC a "fatal" shock is mroe likely to be a mddling-current one. The
stronger ones tend to self-defibbrilate you.

That's why lightning strike victims often survive.

A BAD shock I got once was when I had a pair of 400uf, 450V capacitors
forming up on the cap tester.
It was up to 450 volts, but still pulling a few milliamps. I went to set it
aside and wrapped one hand around one big aluminum can, other hand around
the other can. I thought both cans were grounded, but somehow got a heck of
a shock! Later on I realized I was chanrging the capacitors in series for
some reason.

Take care,

George