Old October 13th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
KaitoWRX911 KaitoWRX911 is offline

Default ibiquity AM hybrid digital radio provides little consumerbenefits

On Oct 12, 7:38�pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
AM radio still retains some of the character we are all losing in this
so-called high tech society. �To allow a for-profit company like
iBiquity steal it away is a crime. �For a government agency to allow
this to happen is absolutely criminal.

Perhaps a class-action lawsuit against iBiquity and the FCC? �After all,
what they are doing could be considered in violation of anti-trust law.
They're taking our publicly owned spectrum and selling it back to us.

"Court Finds FCC Violated Administrative Procedure Act in BPL
Decision"

"After reading the decision, General Counsel Imlay observed, 'The
decision of the Court of Appeals, though long in coming, was well
worth the wait. It is obvious that the FCC was overzealous in its
advocacy of BPL, and that resulted in a rather blatant cover-up of the
technical facts surrounding its interference potential.'"

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2008/04/25/10064/?nc=1

The ARRL put a stop to the FCC and BPL interference to their radios -
perhaps, non-HD broadcasters and the general public should file a
class-action suit against iBiquity/NAB/HD Alliance/FCC. What the Hell
are broadcasters waiting for?