Old August 7th 03, 02:41 PM
Paul Burridge

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:11:10 +0000 (UTC), "Leon Heller"
wrote:

I've seen someone get hold of 440 V 3 phase bus bars, one in each hand. He
was across the supply for about 5 minutes as the emergency stop button in
the lab didn't work and he couldn't let go. He was lucky - just badly burnt
hands. He was back at work a couple of days later, heavily bandaged.

Thanks, Leon. This is the kind of 'unsurvivable shock' I had in mind.
I'm sure we'll have several more hair-raising examples to come yet,
though.
--

"I believe history will be kind to me, since I intend
to write it." - Winston Churchill