Old August 7th 03, 05:10 PM
warren weber

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message

The question seems daft, but bear with me, gentlemen. Has anyone ever
had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have survived?

In 1948 I was working for Westinghouse motor and transformer repair. We had
a LARGE transformer from a sub station to rewind. Always pot checked when
repaired for insulation break down with 4000 volts. The hot lead had a pin
hole in the insulation and the superintendent would not replace it. Had the
worker wrap it with electrical tape. STUPID. The worker went ahead and used
it. To reach the insulator tip the worker stood on a metal barrel covered
with 2 by 4 wood. As the power was applied the 4K volts went through the
hand, came out the foot and blew him off the barrel. He survived but had bad
burns on hand and foot. No OSHA in those days. A week later I resigned
from that job. Warren