Old October 14th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rfburns Rfburns is offline

Default ibiquity AM hybrid digital radio provides little consumerbenefits

On Oct 13, 9:54 pm, "A Browne" wrote:

The Ibiquity AM hybrid digital radio scheme provides little consumer
benefits. In fact, it destroys the character, versatility, variety
and utility that has been associated with AM Broadcasting since its
inception 100 years ago

Wrong.

It increases the fidelity dramatically for AM broadcasts....and brings back
AM stereo in a standardize format.

Fidelity is given as one reason given when studies are done about why people
are turned off by AM radio.

Please, what "versatility, character, variety and utility" does it
"destroy".

(That is besides DX-ing, which the public does not care about, judging by
research, arbitron, and sales figures.)

AM radio still retains some of the character we are all losing in this
so-called high tech society. To allow a for-profit company like
iBiquity steal it away is a crime. For a government agency to allow
this to happen is absolutely criminal.

What good is "character" if no one is listening.

You know - After thinking about it a little more I've concluded you're
right. Thanks. I'm such-a jerk.