Old August 7th 03, 05:14 PM
EEng

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 11:29:46 +0100, Paul Burridge
wrote:

The question seems daft, but bear with me, gentlemen. Has anyone ever
had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have survived?

p.

1982 at Beal AFB while installing a 2.4MegKVA UPS system I received an
arc'd shock from a 992V DC Link that should have left nothing but a
pile of dust where I had been. For reasons unknown, it instead
through me 18ft against the opposite wall leaving nothing more than a
2 inch burn mark on my elbow, although it did take almost 4 hours for
my breathing to return to normal and I suffered extreme headaches for
3 days. It was also necessary to change both my underwear and pants.
To this day my left elbow is extremely and painfully sensitive.