Old October 15th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap
Tio Pedro Tio Pedro is offline

Default Lampkin 20db attenuator schematic needed

wrote in message
Hi,

I just bought a Lampkin 107C Service Monitor. It has an accessory
that I didn't get. It's the 20DB attenuator pad (part No. FAP-20).
Does someone have a schematic available so I can build one? I'd also
buy the unit itself.

Thanks,

Jim

Nothing magical about it, you can find the values for a 20-dB
pi attenuator he

http://www.electronics-tutorials.com...ttenuators.htm

Use 1/4-watt carbon resistors with very short leads. Cushman also used
an external 20-dB attenuator on their CE-3 and CE-5 generators.
They protect the generator from accidental RF being applied to the
generator input. Note that the 20 dB pad also gives a divide by 10
for the voltage scales; it provides a decade step for voltage.

Pete