Old August 7th 03, 06:47 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

Randy,

Speaking of the horse's mouth! I am concerned that Jason might have too high
an expectation of what the noise canceler can do. See if the below is right.

1. It can cancel out the noise from a single stationary noise source that is
received via groundwave, and will in general do nothing for atmospheric
noise as you would have on 75m.

2. For an automated adjustment method to work, and keep it within his means
and time frame, he will have to tune to a frequency where there is no signal
present. He should then be able to retune to a differenr frequency within a
few KHz, and still have the nulling.

3. Consistent with 2, the receiver's AGC voltage is as good an indication of
noise amplitude as any. In fact, it can't be measured AFTER the AGC, as for
instance the audio output.

Tam/WB2TT
"Randall R. Gawtry" wrote in message
One of the other people noted that it was important to do a lot of

reading,
research and analysis of your own - I'll second that!

If you haven't run across it yet, start with the term "Null Steering".

'nuff said for now,

Randy Gawtry
Timewave Technology Inc.