Old August 7th 03, 06:18 PM
Mike M

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:01:25 -0600, Sylvan Butler
d wrotF:

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:48:55 +0100, Ian White, G3SEK wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:
control cable. I want a weatherproof bulkhead connector with at least 8
or 9 conductors, and I'd like the cable part to be weatherproof also. I
don't want to use an in-line connector because of the problems of
weatherproofing and strain relieving wires going through the box wall.

A standard electrical cable gland will weatherproof the cable going
through the box wall (or whatever you call that thing with a
compressible rubber washer that squeezes down onto the cable). That

That's what I call them, but I have no idea if that is standard
terminology here in the States.

would leaves an in-line connector pair which is a good shape to wrap
with tape, so it needn't be inherently waterproof.

Yup. That's what I'd do.

sdb

We call them cord grips at work. Pipe thread on one side, and a
compression gasket arrangement on the other. Available in metal or
plastic. Thomas&Betts and Hubbell are a couple of the brands we use.
They provide strain relief and a water tight seal to cords coming in
and out of electrical panels.