Old August 7th 03, 07:17 PM
WB3FUP \(Mike Hall\)

10KV to fire magnetron in counter battery radar. Took six marines to stop
me from burying my screw driver in the chest of the asshole that thought it
would be cute to push the radiate button.

--
73 es cul

wb3fup
a Salty Bear

"Dr. Anton Squeegee" wrote in message
In article , Paul Burridge
says...

The question seems daft, but bear with me, gentlemen. Has anyone ever
had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have survived?

800+ VDC off the plate supply of an old Gonset GSB-100 transmitter
once. Fortunately, it was all along one arm. It knocked me across the
room, and left a nice first-degree burn at the contact point.

Doubt I'd be around to type this if I'd been working with both
hands at the time.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)