Old October 15th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] agh0792@louisiana.edu is offline

Default modeling capacitance hat with 4nec2 for w8jk design to wrk 40m

Hello.. I am interested in modeling with 4nec2 a two element W8jk for
40 meters and higher frequencies. I was thinking of using two
elements similar to the rotatable dipole described at
http://www.k6if.com/40dip/40dip.html which uses capacitance loading at
the ends of a 40' element.
I have seen how to add loading in the form of a specified capacitance
in 4nec2 but am not sure
if it is possible to just physically model the capacitance hat as if
it were just additional wire segments. Any advice would be
appreciated. I had some fun with a "bamboo beam" made
in a W8jk design with two 24' elements spaced 8' and mounted up
20' (using #10 alum. wire).
Thanks in advance for comments... Whiskey5