Old October 16th 08, 06:54 PM
doctorcilantro doctorcilantro is offline
Junior Member

Is the modification of the transformer done on the adapter unit or the I-777?

I'm illterate as to the construction of this tester but I just picked one up and would like to have a way to accurately test 9 pins.

thanks
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Douglas View Post
Hi,

Two more questions:

1) Is there a risk of damaging a 12AX7 by testing it in the I-177?

I doubt it.

2) Is there an easy way to lower the voltage of the grid signal in an I-177?

A resistive voltage divider at the 5V transformer winding would
lower the signal to (say) 2.5V, which is just what Hickok did in some
later models. *Theoretically* that would halve the Gm readings, but
in practice, you'd have to measure some known-good tubes to get a new
bogey value.

73 , Alan