Old October 17th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Fritze Fritze is offline

Default IC-R2500 RS-232/Autotune communication standard

Hello.

I have a IC-R2500, and I'm trying to establish a link between the
radio and my computer.Does anyone know the standard that dictates the
RS-232 packets that are sent between the radio and the computer?

Also...I've seen that the most common approach is communicating over a
CT-17 cable ( 1/8 stereo to 9pin female serial ). Does anyone know
if this is connection is straight through, or is there some sort of
voltage shift?

Thanks