Old October 19th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default ibiquity AM hybrid digital radio provides little consumer benefits

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

When you look at ANY station's modulation monitor, the excursion range
seldom goes below 80% to 85% and is clipped hard at 100%.

Talk radio does not need a large dynamic range but 6 dB seems to small.
It seems to me that the sound levels vary more than 4 X.

"It seems to you." That must be the IEEE "ISTY" standard for modulation
density, right?

6 db is not much. Good audio is more like 80 to 100 dB.

And you criticize me for using widely accepted and broadly syndicated
Arbitron data used by all significant top 300 market stations in the US, but
you have taken on the job of being the standard for modulation all by your
lonesome.

You are nuts.

--
Telamon