Old August 8th 03, 04:29 AM
Eric Immel

Paul Burridge wrote:
Has anyone ever
had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have survived?
[.sig_snip]

My first clear memory of my life is the few minutes immediately after of
my dad's warning me not to poke a finger in a light socket while he
fetched a new bulb. Dad left the room and 2-3 year old Eric headed
straight for the (now empty) lamp socket. Amazing how clear a memory can
be after decades.

The closest death by electrocution I've suffered was in the mid 1980's.
Our disposal protocol required us to let air into CRTs. For some reason,
I powered up the monitor before I disposed of it. I unplugged it, took
the back off, donned my leather gloves, grabbed my uninsulated pliers
and, with one hand on the steel case, snipped the nipple off of the 25"
CRT. I remember the world getting almost completely covered by a big
dark. I didn't get thrown or loose consciousness. My arm ached for a
little while, that big dark is still with me from time to time.

Paul, are you asking if anyone has been killed, then revived? If anyone
has made that journey, I'd be curious to know if your experience was
similar to people who have survived a "fatal" drowning (great peace,
white light, etc.).

EI