Old August 8th 03, 05:05 AM
bobinphx

Ray and Floyd,
Wow what an education. You both have given me the much sought after first
steps to research. Thank you both very much for your explanations. The next
step will be more research, by me, on both of your views.

Bob "who loves the input of others, but forms his own opinions!!!)

P.s. library here I come!!!!!!

p.s.s The little signal generator that could is humming along right now...
audio out of the PC sound card, into a set of very old Sony powered computer
speakers (which have a headphone output), thru a stereo plug, via cheap
speaker cable, to the AF in of the EICO 324. AF modulation on the EICO is
set for 100% (reading the manual, tells me that this is really only 50% rf
modulation) RF antuation is set for none (rf coarse, set to hi) and rf fine
is set to 100. The output from the pc speakers is set about 75% up... Sounds
sweet coming from that big old 10" airline speaker in the next room. SO good
in fact that my 9 y/o son, turned off the n64 just to sit in the dimly lit
room and listen to the intersanctum!!!!!!...
Also note that I have trimmed back the antenna to a little under 9 meters,
wound on a broomstick type antenna, and the band is set for the normal AM
broadcast band. I also went around the yard and lost signal at the edges of
the yard, except near the garbage cans,,, strange huh!!!...