Old October 19th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default ibiquity AM hybrid digital radio provides little consumer benefits

In article ,
"Frank Dresser" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

I haven't kept up with developments. How is this blending accomplished?
Maybe you could point me toward someone's FM demodulator chip.

I believe the troublesome L-R signal is AGC controlled. Strong signal
reception gets full L-R which gets reduced with decreasing signal strength,
while the L+R signal remains at full strength with all signal levels.

Anyway, here's one chip:

http://eshop.engineering.uiowa.edu/N...9/DS007973.pdf

I see page 7 has a curve showing 0 to just over 50 dB of separation.

The chip was released back in 1987, interesting.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California