Old October 20th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Henry Kolesnik Henry Kolesnik is offline

Default 85 kc receiver?

An HRO 7 will tune down to 50 Kc with the proper coil set and I'd guess
that some of the other HROs will too!

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"elaich" wrote in message
Does anybody know of a small, easy to obtain receiver that can receive
85
kcs? Tube type, surplus OK.

I have an old Lear ADF that was cut out of a plane decades ago. The
cables
were whacked off, and I can't find a schematic. Someone did send me a
schematic of a set very close in model to the one I have, so I do have
that. However, most of the circuitry in the radio is dedicated to the
DF
capacity, which I don't need or want. There are three subchassis, and
probably 15 tubes.

I want to use the small tuning head, which has an 85 kcs IF output, to
feed
something like a Q-5er that would serve as IF and audio.

If I can't find one, I have an R-11a that I could feed the tuning head
output into it's IF strip.

I'm trying to kludge up a homebrew longwave/BCB DX rig.