Old October 20th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
elaich elaich is offline

Default 85 kc receiver?

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in news:qK0Lk.5910
:

An HRO 7 will tune down to 50 Kc with the proper coil set and I'd guess
that some of the other HROs will too!

Jeez, if I had an HRO 7, I wouldn't need to do this to begin with! LOL!

I'm going to use the Lear tuning head to feed the 85 kc IF of the R-11a. My
big problem will be voltages. The R-11 uses 14 volt tubes, wired in series
pairs. That was for the plane's 28 volt system. I'll have to rewire them in
parallel and feed them 12 volts. I haven't looked at the Lear yet, but it
probably uses the same idea.

Weren't R-11's fairly common? A Google search turns up only one page on the
entire Internet that even mentions them. There are a couple of the Lear
tuning heads on eBay. That surprised me.