Old November 14th 03, 02:08 PM
Cecil Moore

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:
Some people can see further than others. Stand by for more. More thorough work
and decent article will take a bit more time. I intend to do that, have
promised cooperation of others in our camp. We should have more precise
figures, arguments and 'splanations. I mentioned some things in my previous
post, but if you can't see the benefits for improvement then be happy with what
you have.

One thing I was originally confused about until I sat down and drew some
phasor diagrams. The phase of the *net* current doesn't change much over
the length of the mobile antenna. It's the phase of the forward current
and reflected current that is changing. But those phases are changing in
opposite directions so the sum of those two phasors results in very little
phase change in the net current.

For a 1/4WL vertical, the net current is approximately equal to 90 degrees
of a cosine wave, 1.0 at zero degrees and zero at 90 degrees. The magnitude
of the net current is an indication of where between zero and 90 degrees
the current is being measured. Where = arc-cos(|net current|)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp