Old August 8th 03, 03:11 PM
Watson A.Name - 'Watt Sun'

In article ,
mentioned...
"WB3FUP \(Mike Hall\)" wrote in message ...

10KV to fire magnetron in counter battery radar. Took six marines to stop
me from burying my screw driver in the chest of the asshole that thought it
would be cute to push the radiate button.

--
73 es cul

wb3fup
a Salty Bear

I got one of those from a marine corps radar system (TPS-22).
We were supposed to use a metal grounding rod with wooden handle
and chain to discharge the high voltage caps. I held onto the
metal rod instead of the wooden handle. The thing was off at
the time, but the caps were probably at 10KV and it knocked
me across the room.

-Bill

I think the most hair raising for me was when I was measuring the CRT
Ultor voltage with a Heathkit HV probe and the ground lead alligator
clip snapped loose. The hair on my arms started to literally raise!

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@