Old August 8th 03, 04:52 PM
Spehro Pefhany

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:05:43 +0100, the renowned Paul Burridge
wrote:

That's pretty close to what I'm getting at. What I *am* actually get
at is that theoretical physicists are coming around to the rather
extraordinary view that one cannot from one's own perspective be
killed by any sudden and dramatic life event. No matter how bad the
shock, you will always 'come around' to find that you've survived. The
tricky bit is that you'll probably have found yourself in a different
reality to the one you left. In the one you've left, observers will
see your cold, dead, smoking body lying sparko on the ground. Your
relatives will grieve, your obituary will be written. But *you* won't
know anything of that. You'll just believe you've had a lucky escape;
you'll go home and tell your friends and family all about it and years
later maybe you'll tell others via the Internet.

Does that mean that my smoking/exploding MOSFETs have narrowly
survived their "both sides of the half-bridge on" event in some
parallel universe? How about my dog who got runned over (sic) when I
was 12? Is he happily chasing various critters somewhere?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany